Monday, January 11, 2010

On how I lost my belly button...

I had never thought too much about my belly button before. It was always just sort of…there.

Until one day it wasn’t.

It started with a slow and sure stretch, until finally, was pushed out of its place! For 24 years I had an “innie” and now, thanks to six & a half month old baby in the oven, I have an “outie.” Without a doubt, the loss of my once averagely inward belly button has rushed a wave of reality upon me like none before-your pregnant! Of course I’d been warned, but somehow just never thought it could happen to me. I must admit that I was not only surprised, but also slightly frightened as my belly button slowly made it’s way inward out. Bulging belly, withering waistbands and misfit moods aside, my new belly button has now and finally awoken me to the reality of baby bearing.

On the lighter side, it is a little interesting and a lot comical at times-my new button and me. Chris and I have harvested many a chuckle while witnessing the evolution from innie to outtie, laughing as we’d see it “pop” from in to out while laying down and sitting up, laying down and sitting up. That being said, I won’t be sorry to see it take a bow and exit the stage once baby arrives…here’s to wishful thinking! I’m imagining it like my past innie is on a nice vacation somewhere in the Hawaiian islands, and once baby boy comes, the outtie will be outed and my beloved button will return to me once again...okay I'm officially carried away now.

Enough about belly buttons already...on to more exciting things like little baby clothes hangers and maternity induced moments of monogramed madness. :-)

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

I had to laugh at this. I didn't know that they will change.

Very interesting!

Looking forward to hold your son when he does comes.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion