Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers Day-take 5!

I remember my very first mothers day as a mom just five short years ago. Newly recovered from a crazy difficult labor and unexpected Cesarean, stretchy skirt, glasses and a purse full of paci's, we headed out with our new family of three to brunch in Wake Forest.  It was all new and not scary at all. Truly, the details of that day are fuzzy at best but the feeling I remember fresh-thankfulness, happiness, excitement. Brunch was delish and bacon-ful, and Evan was an angel sleeping in his car seat the whole time(gotta love that newborn coma!). I do remember us debating where to put the carseat- in the chair, on the table, the floor? So many new firsts! We drove home, very slowly, and took this picture with my then brand new camera.
(Ahem...yes, this is Evan at a just a few weeks old. #bigbaby)

Fast forward five years and a Bennett bear later, I couldn't be more grateful to be a mom to these two boys. Livin' the dream! I've heard it said a number of times that the days are long, but the years are short. Lord help me not to take a single day for granted-even those really frustrating mama days.We have so much to be thankful for!
This mother's day was just right. It began with buttercream and church, and ended with Papa Johns pizza and sweet gifts from my boys. I also got in some quality time with my own mommy over lunch at Outback and shoe shopping at Belk-new pink sneakers not pictured;-). Happy Mother's day all!

No comments: