Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Slices of January

...a taste of what we've been up to so far in 2011. 

To kick off the new year, we visited the "Imagination Station" Science museum here in downtown Wilson.
  
Learning is fun!
Our weekends lately have been littered with furniture store hopping as we've been on the search for a new couch for quite some time now. Thankfully, we found the perfect one just recently and it's on its way! Not only will we be welcoming our new chocolate couch soon but also-insert dramatic music here- "monster ottoman." I may dedicate an entire post to monster ottoman, otherwise entitled "Compromise in marriage...giving your husband a few inches in home decor." We did get an amazing deal and in the end, monster ottoman was thrown in for f.r.e.e! Hence all is well in love and war-ahem-furniture shopping that is.  And who knows, I may come to love it in the end (read-compromise). :-)

In other highlights, Piper (remember him-brown eyes, curly hair, mischievous paws) got a special treat from our recent trip to Greenville-a Pupcake! I love it when we find new "gems" of shops here and there and "The Perfect Cake" in Greenville definitely made my day. I wish we had a cake shop here in Wilson! Then again, it's probably for the best-says my waistline!
 
Evan and I have been home bodies lately as it's been very chilly outside! This past week we saw another snow and a not so fun mix of rain and ice. I think it's safe to say we're ready for Spring...though I do enjoy our cozy mornings reading by the fireplace(a new favorite part of the day with my sweet boy)! :-)
Next up in January-"The Lion King," new recipes, old books, and of course, a lot of picture taking!

1 comment:

Shayna said...

Little Evan is too cute! Can't wait to see pictures of the new couch and ottoman.