Sunday, January 23, 2011

The lion king, and a couple of cute cubs

This past week my mom treated me to an amazing night out to see "The Lion King" at the new DPAC.
The costumes, colors, singing and dancing were all truly breathtaking, and I am so thankful for the experience! I wasn't quite sure what I was expecting from this Disney Broadway musical, but it did not disappoint! If you have a chance, I would highly recommend catching it before it ends-I really can't say enough good about it! My favorite part was the opening "Circle of Life" number-the animals were amazing to see coming down the aisles and successfully set the pace for a very entertaining show. I hope we'll get a chance to bring Evan to see it one day!
 
Speaking of my little cub, later on that week he had his first "official" playdate with his friend Cole, who is just over a month younger. It was super cute to see them play together and actually sort of "interact" versus just observing each other. I'm noticing more and more that Evan is really starting to leap out of his shell, engaging himself more with what's going on around him rather than just taking it in. They grow up so fast!
 Cute cubs learning to share. :-)
I had a great time catching up with friends and enjoying some fun fellowship-thanks for having us Kristie and Cole!

1 comment:

JCRandolph said...

Love it! Those two are precious. Can't wait to hang out again!
Kristie