Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day!

If you told me I'd be a mom for Mother's Day this time last year, I would have been beside myself with a good mix of excitement and disbelief. Today, I'm Evan's mommy on my very first Mother's day and am I'm struck with an amazing sense of awe, excitement, and still-disbelief. I can't believe I get to wake up to this little man every morning. I can hardly wrap my fingers and heart around the fact that he is completely dependent on me to meet his every need, and that Chris and I have been entrusted with such an awesome blessing and responsibility in raising this little one. I can't imagine our family without him, and could have never fathomed the great heights of a mother's love. Evan-I thank God for you everyday, and am overflowing with joy and pride to be your mommy. Your cute button nose, chubby cheeks and sweet face are indelibly written in my mind and on my heart. I hope and pray for God to do a great work in your life, and can't wait to see the plans he knit you together with unravel before our eyes.

Happy Mother's day to all the mom's out there!

3 comments:

BoldLion said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Praying for you and for Evan to be hungry to eat His Word and to embrace Christ alone too!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Lori said...

So sweet. Happy Mother's Day Evan's mommy!

jeanna said...

Happy first mother's day Rebecca, it is a joy and blessing from our Savior.