Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5 days of rain, a 4 week update & 1 pup's new look

This past week has been blustery indeed! The abundance of grey, cloudy and spitting skies have kept us indoors and has seriously put a dent in my idea for establishing daily stroller walks and going out on everyday errands. Rain or shine, Evan and i have kept ourselves busy indoors over the past week as we both get used to a new routine. For him-establishing regular, consistent eating times, striving for a solid(and enjoyable!) wake time and learning the skill of sleep. For me-fitting getting dressed and folding the laundry into Evan's above routine haha.

Here are some pics of the past week (before the attack of cradle cap and the new "Elmer Fudd" do mind you):
"Mommy's Little Man"
And I'd be remiss if I didn't include a picture of our furry firstborn with his new summer cut, blue bows and all.

Evan is doing great and is 4 weeks old already. If he could talk, I think he would say that his favorite things are eating, being cuddled, riding in the car, listening to daddy play the piano and sleeping through the night. On the other hand, he does not enjoy getting dressed, feeling gassy, spitting up, the hiccups(I'm suspecting a refluxy trend here) and oh yes-sleeping during the day. Daytime naps, and the order therin, is probably the most challenging part of sticking to the "eat-wake-sleep" babywise routine, but it's a work in progress. Thankfully, His mercies are new every morning-and everyday offers us another good try! While I am soaking up every minute of this newborn stage, I have to admit I'm really looking forward to the comfort, confidence and consistency a few months will bring.

1 comment:

Auntie Sami said...

I love your hair cut Piper! Keep it up you look like a really pure breed!