Thursday, May 13, 2010

2 Week Well Baby!

Evan had his 2 week well baby visit yesterday and he is growing like a weed! He is up from his birth weight of 9.13 to an even bigger 10.7 pounds! He measured 22 and a quarter inch long and was placed in the 90th percentile for both weight and height, and the 75th percentile for head circumference. Overall, he got an A+ for health & growth and looks to be developing right on track. And, he was so good for the pediatrician!

Our big boy continues to be very well natured and a great baby. He's quite the sleepy head (using his time wisely to grow says the ped.) and is a happy, curious little one when he's awake-except of course when he's gassy, or getting dressed. What can I say he is very modest, haha! He eats like a champ and has started to smile in his sleep. If you asked him what his favorite activities were, I'm pretty sure he would say listening to daddy play the piano, snuggling with mommy, and watching Regis & Kelly in his bouncer. :-)
Mommy is doing well but having a harder time with this C-section recovery than I would like. I was just starting to feel like myself again when we had quite the setback with an unexpected infection at the incision site. A visit to the ER, 2 different antibiotic prescriptions, a new pain medicine, a follow up OB visit and puddles of Hydrogen Peroxide later, I am back on the road to recovery once again. While I'm not happy about being on antibiotics, we are hopeful and optimistic that this infection will work itself out over the next week or so and then we can put this whole thing behind us! I just have to keep reminding myself that this recovery is only for a short season, and my little guy is worth every single second of it.

2 comments:

jeanna said...

Glad Evan is doing so well. Praying for your full recovery and patience for the long haul. God is good, and I know that you already know that!

BoldLion said...

We all are praying for you to recover soonest which is better than soon. God's timing is far better than our own timing.

I am glad that Evan is doing great and A+ too!

We all do miss you and looking forward to see Evan for the first time.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion