Thursday, April 29, 2010

More pics from the hospital, and coming home

Snuggling with mommy at the hospital :-) Go ahead, melt my heart! Evan's very first diaper...Chris did a great job!
Chris and I thoroughly enjoyed our 5+ day hospital stay-minus the first 3 days and the trauma of a long delivery and unexpected Cesarean section. The nurses and hospital staff were amazing and beyond helpful; I recommend everyone have their babies at Rex! The lactation consultants were priceless, the nurses were so sweet and served us so well, the food-YUM....and on and on and on. Still, as much as we just love Rex, there is no place like home. Coming home as a family of three was as wonderful as I had imagined, and I can't wait to start our new lives together.

Our delivery was hard but absolutely worth it. Likewise, recovery is difficult but manageable; above everything we are so thankful to God for the gift of medicine. If this had been another time or place, having the resources of trained doctors and of advanced surgeries would not have been an option, and both Evan and I may not be here without them. Thank God for C-sections! Thank God for healthy babies and mommies! And, thank God for home!

3 comments:

Shayna said...

Ever so sweet!!! :)

"Coming home as a family of three was as wonderful as I had imagined, and I can't wait to start our new lives together."

Lori said...

SO cute! You all look so happy!

BoldLion said...

So wonderful and sweet! I am glad that you all are okay! The Lord is so good!

I am glad that you all are home now. I just can't wait to hold him.

He is so cute!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion