Friday, January 9, 2009

Resolved to Read

My new years resolution this year is to read more. I love reading. Unfortunately, like so many other things that are good to and for us, reading for me is often pushed to the backburner. I can be completely engrossed in a book one week, and then not turn a single page for another two. This is for lack of trying. So in this new year, I am resolved to read more-specifically one book for every two weeks. That's roughly two a month at minimum. A realistic and achievable goal indeed!

To keep me accountable to my goal, I've roughly outlined(and themed!) the months and which books I'll be reading in them. So fun! I have a few empty spots still, and am open to suggestions, wink wink.

This month is a bit scattered since I've had a few books in limbo. On the heels of "The picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde and "The curious case of Benjamin Button" (a short story and nothing like the movie), I am currently reading "Because he loves me" by Elyse Fitspatrick. Obviously there is no rhyme or reason to January, lol. In February though, I'll be delving into the classics with the Bronte sisters for "Jane Eyre" and "Wuthering Heights." I hope to do a short blog on these books as I read them, maybe a simple quote from each of the monthly books, who knows. For now, here's a fun one from good ole' Dr. Seuss.

“The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”

2 comments:

Lori said...

We must hold one another accountable to our reading plans!!! I am excited to see that you will read Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights in February-- two of my favorites. I just told Jonathan last night that I am saddened as I draw near the end of my re-reading of Jane Eyre.

Maybe you can post a review of Because He Loves Me (I have heard wonderful things), as I have not yet decided if this book will be on my must read list for 2009.

BoldLion said...

Way to go! I love to read but I am a slow reader. I do read everyday mostly away from home.

I will keep up with you on the blog to see what you are reading nowadays!

Beside reading books, we got to eat the WORD daily too.

Love in Christ!
'Guerite ~ BoldLion