Monday, January 26, 2009

Adventures in Boone: App Ski Mountain!

It was unseasonably warm on the mountain. These pics were taken after we had taken a trip inside to removed our hats, gloves, scarfs, ect. We were overdressed to say the least-the temp was in the high 50's, and sunny. Nevertheless, there was snow on the mountain!
I was pleasantly surprised to find that I have some mad ski skills. Turns out I'm a natural to winter sports ;)
(Though it's really not such a big deal when you're standing in the lift line behind 8 year olds!)
Chris refreshed his snowboarding skills in an instant, and was ready to go! He actually took a snowboarding class when he was at App-things like this make me think I missed something at Campbell, lol.
The different ski slopes had really fun names, all related to apples. My favorite slope was named "Orchard Run."
Take 3 of 3-the sun was definitely in our eyes.This picture was taken on the ski lift, which I thought was fun in and of itself!

No comments: