Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fighting camels and date knights


Have you ever seen a camel in person? 
As a proud Campbell University alumni, my boys and I had the pleasure of meeting my former school mascot face to fur. Not only did we get to see a real, live camel, but we also got to see our first Campbell football game during this past homecoming weekend.
A beautiful sunny afternoon spent touring the campus turned into the perfect cool night for a lighted football game. Go camels! With two small boys and bedtime approached, we were happy to make it to halftime before packing up the sit n' stand for our ride back 95. I loved every bit of my time at Campbell, and look forward to many more homecoming visits to share my college memories with my boys. Who ever would have thought back in 2003 that I'd be taking this picture below in front of the famous fountain with these two handsome fellows?
Another exciting headline this week was the annual "mother son date knight" at our local Chic-fil-a. The theme was super cute-ahem-handsome and knightly. My one on one time with Evan is numbered at best these days, so I cherished the opportunity to take him on a special "date." It was precious. I just love his cheesy grin here!
I can't say enough good things about our Chic-fil-a here in Wilson, they really out due themselves in Southern hospitality and good chicken. With all you can eat nugget nights and fun events like these, it's no wonder it's Evan's favorite place to eat. 
 My knight in shining armor...and vanilla ice cream.

No comments: