Sunday, November 4, 2012

Trick or treat

Late October had us up to our ears in spray paint, glitter, and tootsie rolls. This year, Evan adamantly refused any "as seen in Target" type Halloween costumes. I had wanted him to be a dragon or monster so badly to match his little brother, but apparently those types of costumes can be scary for a two year old. Go figure. So, I got over myself and my vision of a perfectly paired duo, and Chris and I set out to make...drumroll please....a police car costume! Not a policeman, but a policecar.
Presenting Officer Evan in his stylish cardboard car.
Bennett made the most adorable little monster. Click here to see this costume's first time around the block. :-)
Last Friday my mom's group got all the kiddos together at the park for a Halloween playdate, and of course to try to get a group picture of the kids in their costumes. Scary!!! Best picture of the bunch below LOL-and I believe we're missing one or two that wandered off onto to more exciting things like slides and dirt. :-) It goes without saying that capturing a still, smiling 2 and under is difficult-let alone a group. Oh well, this is life!
 
Halloween night was filled with fun and candy! We tricked and treated at two local church's "trunk or treats", a friend's fabulous backyard Halloween party, and were even able to stop by some homes in our neighborhood. Wooosh, being on the other side of this trick or treating thing is exhausting! Needless to say, Chris and I scooped our fair share of Evan's candy loot as soon as bedtime struck. ;-)


1 comment:

the.bain.family. said...

next year I'll finally get to dig into my kid's candy bucket ;)