Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer is here

and it is HOT! Needless to say, the only time we're spending in the sun will be accompanied by water, freezer pops, and lots of SPF. Lord grant me the patience not to complain about the heat too much this summer-it never fails to burn my biscuits! In case you didn't know, that's southern for it get's on my nerves, frustrates me to no end, etc. Oh Fall, come soon! In the meantime, we'll try our best to enjoy this sunny North Carolina summer, scorchers and all. On the bright side...

Evan loves his baby pool!
Well, sometimes...
Albeit, Mommy may take the blame for this one as the timing was not ideal. Hungry, tired baby + forced water fun = Mr. Crankypants. At least Piper enjoyed it!

I have to admit I'm a teency bit jealous of his baby pool. Were it not in our front yard for the world to see, I'd throw on my bathing suit and jump in in a heart beat. Plus, have you ever seen a blow up pool so stylin'? ;-)

Below-this was Evan's first time in a "big" pool! While he was a little unsure at first, I'd say he did pretty well overall. With a little practice I think we'll have a water baby on our hands by summer's end.
 
 And finally, I couldn't leave out this picture of the cutest shark around. Move over aprons, hooded towels are my new favorite collectible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading you blogs always make me smile, even on the worst days. So keep them up. They are the foot prints of your life make in cement...not sand...so they will stay around forever and when you look back on them you'll be renewed remembering how special this time was. Love Gigi