Monday, February 1, 2010

It's not a belly, it's a baby

Alternately titled the "Almost 30 weeks update!"

Other than my surprise shot, today's doc's appointment was a very good one. Baby E continues to look healthy, and I really enjoyed the doctor we saw today. He didn't seem hurried at all and really took the time to talk to us and give us some helpful insight, plus he was older and seems like he carried a lot of good wisdom & experience under his belt. Here are the stats:

BP-100/56
Baby's Heartrate-150's
Weight Gain-Creeping up the scale a whole 6 pounds since the last appt. 4 weeks ago. I knew this baby was growing!
Milestones this week-Finding it much more uncomfortable to bend over, trek up and down the stairs and move in general like I used to. Surprisingly, the baby's measuring on track and is not tipping the charts like I supposed-feeling so enormous and all. Looks like I've got lots of growing left to do...not sure how excited I am about that ;/

This Sunday we start our "Childbirthing and Babycare Basics" class at Rex and I am super excited! Crib, dresser, and mattress are on the way and all things baby are slowly, surely, and somewhat steadily falling into place. After seeing Michelle Duggars emergency birth with precious baby #19 at 25 weeks, I am just so thankful to have made it this far and praise God for many good graces He's given me along the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look lovely and will look lovelier still with many more inches to go! Cherish this time and the belly. Love, Mom

Lori said...

What a difference a week makes. You have grown over the "snow days!" You are a cutie! Glad baby Evan is doing well. And yes, praise God that he has stayed put for this long!