Thursday, September 10, 2009

August Recap

While August has come and gone, (much like my blogging efforts these days!) I wanted to capture a few random highlights here of the last days of summer.

For one thing, our church held its first soccer camp and it was a great success!

Because Chris’ work schedule at Kia is so demanding, we find ourselves eating out and on the go a lot these days. I just love this picture of Chris at Red Robin with his enormous stack of towering onion rings. But as much as I enjoy our fewer and farther between date nights, I am so looking forward to meal planning, Saturday grocery shopping and a regular dinner time again! Needless to say, we are counting our Kia days!
Piper and I have had many a mommy-puppy playdate this summer and have enjoyed tons of fun outings at the dog park. The newest Piper news is that we finally decided to get him a harness for walking, and I can’t believe we’ve done without for so long! It’s a miracle really, and has completely changed our walks for the better…now Caesar Milan can feel free to move on to the next issue!
In other notable August news, Chris attended the much anticipated Worship God conference in MD and I just recently reached my 2 month milestone working with Glaxo. We didn't make it to the beach this summer, but are very excited to be planning a short getaway to Charleston in October. Of course there is so much more to say about August and the end of summer, but all in all I am so thankful for the kind helping of surprises, challenges and fun, memorable moments these past few months has brought us.

No comments: