Thursday, June 25, 2009

Baked Parmasean Spinach Dip


A close co-worker, Southern Living consultant and hostess extraordinaire shared this recipe with me, so I knew it was going to be a hit. :) Last night Chris had a friend come over and I made this outrageously yummy(so were the reviews) appetizer. And, it's healthy to boot! I feel one step closer to Rachael Ray now that I've accomplished a dish outside of my normal, and limited, food repertoire. Now all I need is a new set of tastebuds to enjoy all of this green goodness!

Makes about 3 cups; 12 servings

Ingredients
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 cup reduced-fat or regular mayonnaise
1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese
1 onion (6 oz.), peeled and minced
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 box Wheat Thins (or cracker/bread of your choice)

Preparation
1. Squeeze spinach to remove liquid. With a mixer, beat spinach, mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion, garlic, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
2. Mound mixture in a 3- to 4-cup baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and the paprika.
3. Bake in a 350° oven until hot in center and lightly browned on top, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Serve with Wheat thins!

Happy Appetizer-ing!

No comments: