Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Name Games

To start, the name game is by far my favorite car game. Names and their meanings have always been very interesting to me. You never know what great story hides behind a name, or what notable person a name was given in honor of...I think a lot of names that carry expectations too, like a child named after a virtue or a person that you hope they will grow up to model/embody with their lives. Anyways, I was inspired by my latest read to do a fun name game/word type activity with Chris. You simply spell out your name, and write down all the words you can make with the letters found in your name. The catch is that the words have to be descriptive and pertain to that person, in some way or another. When Chris and I did it, we also explained why we chose a certain word and how it related to each other. Pretty simple, but fun! Here are just a few of the words we came up with for eachother.

R E B E C C A S C O T T
Cares
Creates
Better
Bears
Batter-as in cupcakes :)
Bares-as in carries
Tears

C H R I S T O P H E R S C O T T
Christ
Cross
Hers
Toes
Sort
Otter-yes, as in the animal, lol
Hope

No comments: