Tuesday, April 10, 2012

8 Weeks so soon

Happy 8 weeks old Bennett! You have added so much joy to our little family these past two months, I can't imagine anything better than my boys!
 
You are smiling up a storm this week, and talking too! Here are some things I've learned about you....you do not like a dirty diaper and are not afraid to let me know it, you love mommy and know my voice like none other, and daddy catches smiles from you freely. True to your cuddle bug spirit, you love to be "near" to us, always wanting to be part of the action. You are pretty observant for an 8 week old(which I attribute to you being awake for a good part of the day), I love seeing your big bright eyes scan the room as you discover new things.  And, you're holding your head up really well these days, which makes you look more like a baby and less like a newborn. Happiness is for you a paci, a belly full of milk and a good cuddle.

The theme of this week has been establishing a routine. So far we've got the basics down-a 7:30ish waketime, eating every 3 hrs, etc-but are still working to fill in the spaces with regular naptimes. Abiding by babywise the second time around has been a tad more challenging A)because we've got big brother's schedule to stick to and B)because your a different baby. As you grow into yourself and look less like your big brother Evan, I'm realizing this more and more-that you are wholly your own sweet person with your own unique personality. I am so thankful for you and the person God created you to be.
Please, stop growing already!

No comments: