Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Playing Catch Up

In light of life and general busyness, I've fallen a bit behind on my blogging. So, here are a few things I've been meaning to blog about but have somehow made it to the bottom of my to do list-you know, the place where things hardly ever get crossed off.  Disclaimer-ahead of you lies a string of random events and pictures in no particular order-consider yourself warned! ;-)

A few weeks ago Chris' step sister was married in our old stomping grounds, Wake Forest. This was Evan's second wedding and as most weddings go, a beautiful event. Of course, Chris' mom and family were able to come down so that was a great bonus to see them so soon after our PA vacation. Here's a picture of my handsome brown eyed boy in blue just outside the stone chapel.
This past week Chris participated in the local Junior Women's Club Golf Tournament here in Wilson. Evan and I showed up for a short time to support the BB&T team and also take some pictures. It was a great afternoon for golf and Evan loved practicing with daddy! Pretty much any activity that involves balls and hitting things is right up this boy's ally. Something tells me baseball will be a smashing hit.
On the home front, since it's been so nice outside I've been brainstorming some fun activities to do with the little guy outdoors. First up-homemade finger paint! I couldn't believe how easy this was. And, as a bonus, I found all of the very simple ingredients already residents of my pantry. Turning this...

into this...
was surprisingly easy. I'm not sure how 17 month old friendly it will be, but I can't wait to try it out! Thank you Pinterest for the great recipe-oh yea, I'm officially a "pinner" now and have thoroughly enjoyed browsing the virtual pinboards. While I was a bit hesitant to hop on the bandwagon at first, I'm so glad took I the plunge because I've already found a wealth of cost saving, crafty and creative ideas to fill our home, hearts and heads with!

In more seasonal news, my mom came up this past weekend and we had a great Fall day at Deans Farm. We took lots of pumpkin pictures and enjoyed an old fashioned hayride through the fields. Evan was a bit tired from a terrible nights sleep the day before, but I think he had a lot of fun riding behind the big tractor, picking out his pumpkin and seeing some farm animals.
 
  
Now if I can only convince him that pumpkins are not like balls to be thrown about than we'd be in good shape! Our poor pie pumpkins have barely survived his toddler touch haha. 

That wraps up my catch up for now. Time and energy willing, I'll hopefully post our annual state fair extravaganza and Evan's 18 month update before the new baby gets here! Speaking of, next week marks 24 weeks of being pregnant and I can barely believe that we are so near 6 months along. This little boy is busy and kicks and moves a lot more than I remember with Evan, but more on that later...

1 comment:

Shayna said...

Love the catch up -- mostly the finger paint! How cool is that?! So glad that things are going well, Rebecca. And I can't wait to hear a baby update!! :)