Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to Evan!

On Saturday we celebrated Evan's very first birthday! I can hardly believe my baby boy is 1! We had a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family at his Eric Carle Caterpillar themed party, and the birthday boy was happy to be the center of attention! Unfortunately, the weather outside was blustery to say the least with looming tornado warnings and stormy showers-we missed a few of our good friends but we made the best of it and had a great time nonetheless. Chris and I were so excited to see Evan enjoy his first birthday-his joy is our joy and nothing puts a smile on my face like those sweet dimpled cheeks! Can you believe this kid is one already?!
 
When Chris and I started talking about what to get Evan for his birthday, I had said I wanted to keep it simple with just a few small gifts since, first grandchild that he is, I knew he would be positively spoiled by our families. And, I was right. :-) Evan made out like a bandit on his first birthday. Like.a.bandit. Between his tickle me Elmo, little people farm, firetruck ball pit, books and baby Einstien DVD's, it was Christmas all over again in our living room. We are so grateful for these fun, precious gifts to our sweet son! A big heart felt thank you to all those who made Evan's first birthday such a special day! :-)
Happy Birthday to my little love, I hope to spend many many more celebrating the gift of your precious life. You bring so much joy to those around you.  I can't wait to see what good and great plans our God has in store for you!

No comments: