Monday, October 19, 2009

13-14 Weeks and starting Trimester #2

Baby is now measuring 3.5 inches and weighs a little more than an ounce and a half. Chris informed me this morning that it is also now sensitive to light and will squirm around a bit if you shine a flashlight on my stomach-we haven’t gotten around to testing that one yet. :-) In other exciting developmental news, the babies facial muscles are getting a workout this week as it tries on new and different expressions. He/she can now grasp and may even be sucking its thumb...How cute!

And now I present my very first belly shot, taken a week ago in Charleston, SC. It’s a very small bump but a bump nonetheless-and growing by the day, or so my jeans tell me. For comparison’s sake I wanted to start small to really capture the growth. Without further ado, here is my “welcome to the second trimester” debut...it's a bit dark but you get the idea:

5 comments:

BoldLion said...

Wonderful Pro-Life message! I love the bump in you. I know it will get bigger every time I see you! I just can't wait to hold your baby.

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion

Shayna said...

Sweet, Rebecca! It will be fun to watch your belly grow. :)

jeanna said...

What bump?

Unknown said...

Haha Jeanna, believe me, it's there!

Melissa said...

Hey girly! So I am finally getting around to catching up on your blog and your pregnancy updates! Glad to hear things are well and congrats on a baby Boy!!! :-D
I just had to leave a comment here on this picture because this pic of you is about how far along I am now .... and wow I am huge lol!
Hope you are well!!
Melissa