Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Not long now...

Today is Wednesday(happy Veterans!) and less than one week away from the big day when we meet our third little boy! I'm anxious to meet this new guy and yet at the same time it's a little emotional knowing this is our last week as a family of four. As Evan reminded me in the car this morning on the way to drop Bennett off at preschool "Mommy, things are going to be different soon."

To which I said "Yep! But, a good different!"

The blankets are washed, and his sweet take home outfit is picked out and ready to go. My new diaper bag is full and waiting for wear. Cozy socks-check. All that's left to do is take a deep breath and turn to that next page in our family's life. Change has slowly sprouted up in our home over the last few months in the form of bigger bellies, diaper coupons on the counter and those other small but sweet signs of a baby on the way. In a way it's bittersweet knowing that our family is about to change and will never be the same again. But, I know once we hold this little one in our arms it will be impossible to look back imagine our family without him. Like I reminded Evan this morning, it'll be a good and joyful, wouldn't have it any other way kind of different.

My last OB appointment was Monday(praise God for another good report!), we have pre-op testing at the hospital on Friday, and then Monday morning is surgery time! Thankfully we have a busy week this week to keep my mind off the inevitable worry that goes into a scheduled c-section. Instead I've purposed to fill my mind with the better than Christmas anticipation and excitement of it all.

We can't wait to meet you baby A! Your "whaley" cute and comfy crib await you!

No comments: