Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Once Upon a Saturday

Out with the husband, and in with the girls...My mom, sister, and Mema came up for the weekend while Chris was out of town at a youth retreat near Hickory. Us women had a great time eating Chinese, power shopping and enjoying a few laughs with Martha Stewart. Saturday was full of fun surprises and good family times.
After some sister shopping at Triangle Town, we loaded into the car and made our way to Morrisville for lunch with more of the Reynolds girls and my favorite tiny cousin.
Unfortunately, our original lunch destination was closed, and after unanimously voting against Cracker Barrel for option #2, we ended up at Hooters of all places! The hilarity ensued with finding an appropriate table arrangement suitable to both A) A very old Mema, and B) a very tiny two year old. After a fun go at Goldie Locks and the three bears, we found the "just right" table, and had a great lunch! To top it off, my aunt was serenaded with a one of a kind Hooter’s birthday song. Many belly laughs were had by all as she was made to stand, yes stand, on a chair while being sung to. I do have a picture, but will refrain from posting for the love of family :)
And just for fun, look at these adorable golden locks of piggy tails! (You'll have to take my word on the golden part!)
After lunch, my mom sister and I enjoyed a Brier Creek shopping excursion. That is, after we circled back to deliver Mema’s luggage, which was completely forgotten in the prior exchange of cars and grandma bears. Much to my delight, I won the “best bargain” of the day prize at TJ Max with this new addition to our kitchen. Only $10, the just perfect amount I had sitting on my long neglected gift card. I also found a just right and long coveted apron at Kirkland’s marked down 50%. Patience pays.
When I got home later that afternoon and saw the mama and sister bears off, Piper and I made these to welcome home the hubby. Oatmeal Craisin White Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
They were a hit, and the perfect ending to a warm, delicious, just right Saturday!

2 comments:

jeanna said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could have Saturdays like that with my mom.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tribute to the Reynolds' girls. I haven't read that name in a while! Somehow I seemed to have gotten lost in my Abrahamson name. The picture looks fab! Also, tell Chris the next day out that he is along will include a trip to Hooters, for the wings of course! Mom