Friday, August 24, 2018

Back to School!

Evan often comes up next to me to measure how tall he is and tells me how he's catching up to me in height. I have no doubt that he'll outgrow me sooner than later and it's going to be a sad day! That said, another school year has come around and they're another year older, another grade smarter. These boys of mine are growing so fast and in so many ways! It's true that babies don't keep, we now have a third and first grader in the house. In the words of DJ Tanner-oh my lanta!
Since we've adopted the year round calendar the bigs and I have been back at school for a bit now, but our homeschool co-op has just begun AND Asher started preschool this week, so the traditional back to school pictures are in order! Here are my little men on campus...
And I can't very well leave out my girl, who is her brother's biggest cheerleader and the apple of their eyes. :-)
I'm so thankful that homeschooling affords us the opportunity to be together. I know I'm waxing sentimental here, but what a gift it is to see my kids know and love one another. While they do of course have their fair share of those normal "sibling moments," we have a unique opportunity to spend our days together in a way that many families do not. The time, the time, the time-the purposeful, the stressful, the fun, the loud and quiet times, the unplanned and restful times-it's all invaluable.  I jokingly say that one of the reasons we homeschool is because I want my boys to do the "Amazing Race" together one day. Meaning simply that I want them to have the type of relationship where they'd WANT to something amazing together like travel the world and have the skills to succeed side by side -and have fun doing it of course! All that to say, it's really cool to see the endearing, every changing-always growing relationships my kids have with each other. I'm so deeply thankful for these days-it's worth paper plates and cold coffee and so much more.

And so, back to school we go!

No comments: