Friday, February 25, 2011

A few of my favorite things

I have three words for you-
girl.
scout.
cookies!!!

Yes, it's that wonderful time of the year again. So far, I've only eaten two boxes of my favorite Samoas and have enjoyed every last chocolatey caramel bite.
I love this time of year when Spring is sneaking out here and there. Shades of green are peeping through the grass and fresh dew is beginning to greet us in the morning. Goodbye frosty windshields! 
Another one of my loves-all things homeade and crafty. Especially when it comes to first birthdays! Spoiler alert-here's a super special sneak peak at E's first birthday bling. :-)
Just the other day I happened upon this amazing collection of fun, colorful Eric Carle themed birthday gear on big time clearance at Target, and like gum drops falling from the sky I was hooked. Theme=ready, set, go! We love Eric Carle's children's books and artwork, and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is our favorite.
See these tissue paper pom poms? They are SO easy, quick, and inexpensive to make-plus super cute to boot! My mom treated us to a nice afternoon visit this week and we had ourselves a creative "Martha Stewart" afternoon making these. It's safe to say that this mama is over the top excited for her little boy's very first birthday, is up to her ears in crafty caterpillar madness, and enjoying every minute of it. :-)

Oh the colors of Spring, crafts and cookies-just a few of my favorite things!

No comments: